Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The only way this could have happened is if you were using the same database name in the test config.php file or there was a very serious mixup on the server.

Leave a comment:

• Aeons
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Unfortunately if you overwrite your database then the only way to get that info back is to restore a backup. Sorry.
    Alright, I accept that, but then tell me why, this happened in the first place?

So now I have to prey my host keeps backups which I doubt.

How can a seperate VB installation overwrite my current?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Unfortunately if you overwrite your database then the only way to get that info back is to restore a backup. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Aeons
    started a topic I have an URGENT problem.

I have an URGENT problem.

I have an URGENT problem.

I have installed Vbulletin on SolsticePlayer.com several weeks ago and the site has been growing strong. I go to install a test board on http://fairyland.mmorpgvault.net/forums/ and then go clicking my way through the install not paying much attention - then all of a sudden, SolsticePlayer.com's boards wipe completely and are overided by my install on a completely different site! How could I have made xxxxxx_vbull override xxxxxx2_vbull... That makes no sense, Im on a reseller account of course and normal web hosts dont have problems with multiple uses trying to install Vbulletin. Could it be due to my customer number?

I have probably just lost a months hard work, I know I should have created a cron job to backup the database but I had done with another site (non vbulletin) and subconsiously thought I had done with SolsticePlayer.com. Im really lost now and pretty angry/confused. Not sure where to go from here,I have contacted my host to see if he keeps backups or not. If not, Im done for.

Any help on how to restore my database without a backup? Where to go next? I have a feeling the tables dropped so I dont stand a chance to restore without a backup.

Regards
    Aeons.