Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HabboHut
    replied
    Yeah, our RSS feed was working fine, it just wasn't displaying private usergroups. I've done what you have suggested, and have just grabbed the details out of the database.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• StrongMotive
    replied
    2 things, try accessing a public RSS feed to make sure the RSS is working. If not, there are currently no hacks to make private forums into RSS feeds I don't believe. So the only way round it is to connect to the forum DB and get the details out of the DB and into your staff panel

Leave a comment:

• HabboHut
    replied
    Thanks StrongMotive, you're a lifesaver!

Only trouble is, when I access that location for our boards, I get a blank page. I'm assuming this is because it's a private forum, it needs to have permissions assigned to make the RSS viewable. Trouble is, I couldn't find anything in the Admin CP that would allow me to do this... Is there any way this can be done?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• StrongMotive
    replied
    In AdminCP go to vbulletin options -> External data provider -> Enable RSS syndication.

You can then try http://www.yourforum.com/external.ph...RSS2&forumids=[forumidhere]

If because they are staff forums they require you to login, then to grab the threads you will need a custom page in your staff panel which connects to the vbulletin database.

Leave a comment:

• HabboHut
    started a topic RSS Feeds For Certain Forums?

RSS Feeds For Certain Forums?

Hi,

I've got some boards set up for staff only (announcements etc). I want to integrate an XML parser into a Staff Panel, that will show the latest five or so threads from a particular forum. Is there anyway that vBs RSS feed can grab threads from a certain forum only?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X