Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComputerVitals
    replied
    I think what he's trying to do is what many vBulletin users want to do.

Have 2 completly vbulletin forums. For example.
    site1.com (computer forums)
    site2.com (gaming forums)

They have different themes, content, forums.. But share the same members.

I'd like this as well, but doesn't seem like any good hacks out there for for this. The next issue you would have is upgrading the the forum what they come out. A hack like this is extensive database changing and/or hard files. making an update difficult.

Leave a comment:

• holyrhapsody
    replied
    Couldn't you just change the config file to crate different prefixes for tables belonging to different forums?

Leave a comment:

• Matty.B
    replied
    Thankyou Kindly Steve

Will have a looksee over there

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Matty.B
    started a topic How Do I Use Two vBulls.. One Database?

How Do I Use Two vBulls.. One Database?

Okay i'm going to try and get the details ALL in this message and make it clear.

I currently have an active site. I was planning on opening pretty much the same forum but specifically for my country..

However the content will be different.

The question is.. Can i use the same database and have it active on both domains (ie if a members posts on site one.. his post count also goes up on site 2 and vice versa.. Profiles would be the same too...)

Remember these sites are different so I MUST USE two different vBuls..

Any help would be FANTASTIC

Thanks all
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X