Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit new users

Hello,

How I can limit the users permission in away that they would need administrator/moderator permission for their 3 first posts and from the 4th post then they would not need the administrator permission ?

Sincerely,

Set the Registerd usergroup so that all posts are moderated. Create a new usergroup without moderation. Then create a Promotion to promote users with 3 posts to that group.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Set the Registerd usergroup so that all posts are moderated. Create a new usergroup without moderation. Then create a Promotion to promote users with 3 posts to that group.
      thanks for your reply,
      I cannot understand,
      Can you explain step by step ?

Comment

1. Set the registered usergroup so that all posts are moderated.

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit

2. Create a new usergroup with the appropriate overall permissions and no moderation:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add New Usergroup

3. Create a Promotion to promote users that reach this post level to that group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I followed this through, step by step.

Then I went into scheduled tasks and ran the User Promotions script, but it only promoted 59 (of 625) people, even though the only criteria was 5 posts and 2 days of membership.

I do not use reputation, so all my users are at 10, so I set the reputation at Greater Than or Equal to "5".

Any advice on how I can get about 600 other people moved over?

Thanks!

Comment

Set 'Promotion Strategy' to 'Posts' and the other settings are ignored.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it is relevant. I am wanting to do the same as Schnee, and understand the process involved.

Just one question though: once a user registers, they are automatically put into the Registered Users group. Is this hard-coded into vBulletin that new users go straight into usergroup id 2, which is why we have to edit that usergroup? Is there no option anywhere else (vB options?) where you can choose the first usergroup that gets assigned to a user after registering?

Many Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes it is hard-coded. Do NOT attempt to change this because you will break vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That's great, thanks for getting back to me -I really appreciate it. Changing the registered users usergroup isn't too much to ask I guess.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X