X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phrases Could not be found

Hey guys,

I am having some issues with my site.

1. In the Admin CP some of the names in the left column are labled wrong.
    2. When someone logs in it says "Could not find phrase "login"." Instead of saying the normal "Thank you for logging in, (name)."

See the attached pictures of both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Taylor Atkins
    disneyparksinfo.com
    Attached Files

me too

I am also getting this error now for my vBulletin 3.6.7 PL board.

I just upgraded apache, php and mysql on my server today and everything seems to be OK, except for this Could not find phrase "login" message after i login.

Any ideas???

Comment

Upload the original install/vbulletin-language.xml for your version to your install directory and reimport it using Languages & Phrases -> Download / Upload Language.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks, worked perfectly!

Comment

Thanks Wayne, that worked to correct that language.

I think I also need to re-import the "vbulletin-adminhelp.xml" too (all my admin help "?" icons show blank pages now) - can you advise on where to do this?

Thanks!

Comment

Reupload all the *.xml files in the install directory. Then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Then reimport the Admin Help xml file. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I was mistaken earlier that the first issue was corrected - it was not. I am still seeing the (Could not find phrase "login") error message as well as lots of missing phrases in the admin area.

I re-uploaded all 3.6.7 /install/*.xml files in ASCII mode. I then loaded domain.com/admincp/tools.php in my browser and ran the following re-imports:
              - Style
              - Settings
              - Language
              - Admin Help

This did not fix the problem though and I still have "could not find phrase" messages all over.

My other forum on the same server is running vBulletin 3.6.4 and does NOT have any of these issues.

Any ideas?

Comment

Also

Also, Inside my AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Phrase Manager their is normally a blue table at the bottom with 15 varnames that could be edited ("1_ day_ ago" etc.) Well, that table is totally missing now.

I just upgraded Apache, FreeBSD, PHP, Perl to the latest versions today and then this error started happening on my 3.6.7 vBulletin board only. My other 3.6.4 is running fine.

Here are my versions though if this helps:
                vBulletin 3.6.7 PL
                Server FreeBSD 6.2
                PHP 5.2.4

Comment

One more thing - not sure if it's related, but it's an error with tools.php when I try to run the "Reset Board Default Lanuage" link, I get this:

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /usr/home/myusername/domain.com/htdocs/admincp/tools.php on line 601

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /usr/home/myusername/domain.com/htdocs/admincp/tools.php on line 601

Comment

OK, I've resolved this on my own.

I ran tools.php and ran "Repair Tables" and repaired all tables. Problem seems to be solved.

Comment

how

hi
                      ihave the same prob with tools.php line601

how did u fix?
                      Every mistake you make, you will live with the rest of your life.
                      ...................................(Kevin Spacy) \ K-PAX/

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X