Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Strange. It would appear that some other modification may be causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If you still have that problem after this, fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Leave a comment:

• aggiefan
    replied
    Yes, a post icon and here's the direct link:
    http://www.houstonsportszone.com/for...splay.php?f=20

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Are you using a posticon? What is the direct link to this?

Leave a comment:

• aggiefan
    replied
    Is there a setting that controls this display? i noticed there's an <if condition="$show['threadicons']"> in the postbit template.... where is the option to turn this condition on/off?

I've scoured the admincp and haven't found it...

Leave a comment:

• aggiefan
    replied
    Tried again, new style after clearing all cookies and browser cache... Same problem:

http://www.aggiefans.com/users/vlyrock/cleanstyle.gif

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Is that a posticon or a smilie? If it's a posticon, then this is almost certainly a problem with a customized template. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

Leave a comment:

• aggiefan
    replied
    And here's the post so you can see the smiley is selected on the post...

Leave a comment:

• aggiefan
    replied
    Here's the picture. The gray area between the mail icon and the text. I have a smiley icon on the post that's not showing up here...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps a link or picture would help.

Leave a comment:

• aggiefan
    replied
    Bueller....Bueller...

Guess nobody knows how to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• aggiefan
    started a topic Forumdisplay.php not showing icons

Forumdisplay.php not showing icons

Forumhome.php and showthread.php show icons on threads. Forumdisplay.php doesn't...

I reverted the forumdisplay.php template so there's no customization at all to this template. Any ideas?