Downloading PM's Bombs out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading PM's Bombs out

When I or my members attempt to download PM's using any of the methods offered XML | CSV | Text these errors occur (note this has been edited to protect the actual domain:

PHP Code:
    WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in /private.php on line 743
    Warning
    Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/myserver/public_html/mydomain/forum/includes/class_core.php:3075in /includes/functions_file.php on line 147
    Warning
    Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/myserver/public_html/mydomain/forum/includes/class_core.php:3075in /includes/functions_file.php on line 148
    Warning
    Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/myserver/public_html/mydomain/forum/includes/class_core.php:3075in /includes/functions_file.php on line 149
    Warning
    Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/myserver/public_html/mydomain/forum/includes/class_core.php:3075in /includes/functions_file.php on line 150
    Warning
    Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/myserver/public_html/mydomain/forum/includes/class_core.php:3075in /includes/functions_file.php on line 151
    Warning
    Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/myserver/public_html/mydomain/forum/includes/class_core.php:3075in /includes/functions_file.php on line 152
    Website Info blah blah 
    -- ;http://www.mydomain.com/forum Private Message Dump for User Me; 
    This is line 743 of my private.php
    PHP Code:
    foreach($touser AS $key => $item
    Any ideas of what the problem is?

I am running vBulletin 3.6.8 up to licensed up to date.
    Thanks in advance.

Turn off plugins and remove modifications and try again. It will not happen with unmodified code.

Comment

How about I don't and we get another opinion. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Thanks but no thanks. If I wanted to setup my website unmodified and stale as can be I would be using a free setup like I was.

Comment

That error ('Cannot modify header information') is from either a bad file, a plugin or a server issue.

Run 'Suspect File Version' in Diagnostics:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Do any show as 'File does not contain expected contents', 'version mismatch' or missing? If so, you need to reupload the original vB non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Two files Steve showed with that error when I ran that so I uploaded fresh ones which elminated that showing. They were:
          functions_editor.php
          register.php

However the issue with the errors and downloading the PM's still exists.

Comment

Then the next step is to disable your plugins. If it still happens after that, then this is a server issue.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay. Thanks Steve.

Comment

That's exactly what I said. lol

Noobs.

Comment

No bro..That isn't quite what you suggested. I respect the suggestions you guys make but I have been doing this since the late 80's and early 90's with the old BBS's when it was all ASCII and Ansi so I sincerely doubt I will tear down what I built to accommodate a PM download utility. I will debug until I find it but I won't do that. You suggested I turn off everything and taking away all amenities to my members all together so PM downloads were available. I won't be doing that.

Again..I appreciate the insight and was hoping maybe someone had an idea off the top of their head of what to look at from another reference customer and it would have been that simple. Instead I will just have to tough it out and find it. No biggie. I appreciate the efforts.

Noob?

Check your Birthday

Comment

If you know as much as you say, you should also know that vbulletin isn't going to provide support if you have hacked up code. In future, don't be a smartarse to people who are trying to help.

Noob doesn't relate to birthdate.

Comment

I'm not getting into a flame war with you kiddo. I'm done. I am very aware of what a Noob is and I am very aware of what you are now trying to do. So I am now complety done with this thread.

Again. Thanks.

Comment

I once had this issue, and eventually it turned out to be that I had some PMs in the database that "didn't exist"....that is to say, they had no title and the timestamp was 1st Jan 1970, and there was no actual message. They were in effect like blank "headers".

I deleted these manually from the database, and it cured the problem.
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark. I didn't find anything in there. It was worth a shot though. I appreciate it.

Comment

I've been looking for an answer to this question for a long time, and finally found one that works. All I had to do was set the output_buffering switch to 'on' in php.ini and restart Apache. Unfortunately I don't know if it has any undesirable consequences so unless someone more knowledgeable pipes up take my advice at your own risk.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X