Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql code to turn board off

Hi,

I am looking into running a mysql script to turn the board off for scheduled maintenance. I would like to run the code before our maintenance operations to make the board offline, and then after our maintenance to turn the board back on. Anyone know how to do this???

That would require a script. Try asking over at www.vbulletin.org.

Here are the relevant queries:

To turn your forums off (two separate queries for vB 3.6.x only)
    UPDATE datastore SET data=REPLACE(data,'s:8:"bbactive";i:1;','s:8:"bbactive";i:0;') WHERE title='options';
    UPDATE setting SET value=0 WHERE varname='bbactive';

To turn your forums on (two separate queries for vB 3.6.x only)
    UPDATE datastore SET data=REPLACE(data,'s:8:"bbactive";i:0;','s:8:"bbactive";i:1;') WHERE title='options';
    UPDATE setting SET value=1 WHERE varname='bbactive';
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, is that space in "bbac tive" on purpose or just due to a line break?

Comment

Strange, when I go to edit that post the space is not there. And no, it should not be there.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X