How To Remove Gold Key in Front of Old VBJournal Blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Remove Gold Key in Front of Old VBJournal Blogs

I have a question about the new VBulletin blog/Old VBJournal. My members have a gold key in front of their old posts from VB Journals. They do not know how to remove it. They would like those posts to be available for other members to read. The members in question have all ckecked the appropriate boxes in the Blog control panel.

How can these gold keys be removed?

Thanks,
    Widebertha

That sounds like a vbjournal permission to me?

Its a private entry, they should double check their settings, for the time being i dont see anyh other option that would keep the entrys private.

Comment

My members that used VBJournal have all double checked to make sure their journals are still public not private. They have doubled checked all their new posts to make sure they are public as well. The new posts do not have this problem just the posts that were imported from VBJournal.

There has to be a way to get those keys removed and make those entries available for people to read. Members cannot even read their own old posts on VBJournal at this point.

Widebertha

Comment

What's a 'gold key'?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It is a private entry, it shows up next to blog posts that are private. As far as I can tell the only settings that control this are in the blogcp.

Comment

Zachery is right. It is a gold key that shows up only in front of the old VBJournal blogs that were imported using impex importer. My members cannot access their own old journals because these keys mean they are locked. As I mentioned in my previous email all the members have doubled checked their permissions and they all have checked public access to their old and new journals.

How do we unlock these journals so that they can be read. It states clearly that as administrator I am the only one who can actually read these old VBJournals. I also got the following email from my host iPower.com and I quote, "

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting IPOWER Technical Support.

I am currently showing you do have "create temporary tables" privileges on the specified database. Please verify this on your end. If you continue to experience issues, please reply to this email.

I hope that there is a way that there is a way that these journals can be unlocked. It is very frustrating for my members to have gone through all the proper channels like checking the public view boxes and still not have access to these journals.

The journals are located at http://www.wideberthasmessageboard.com under the Blog link. You will see that the recent posts do not have the keys only the old VBJournal blogs.

Thank you
            Widebertha

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X