Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only the new threads are slow!

Hi!
    I got the problem with my vbulletin - only the NEW threads are slow to post (about a minute to get the redirect page), but all replies to existing posts are fast. Where is the problem?

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Next, disable all third-party products and plugins:

Admin CP -> Products & Plugins

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If so, this may be due to your language pack. Try the English pack to see if you have the same problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

exact same problem. No fix and not fixed in 3.6.9

Comment

Disable similair thread searching.

Comment

tried that ages ago, was probably the first thing we tried 3 months ago. Found fix already. But thanks still good advice, we got to a stage now where we should disable that now too.

thanks

Comment

Had the same problem lately (I've still 3.5.4 without MySql fulltext search). Cause was the searching for similar threads. But only, if some of the words in the title are very common. First every word is searched and the thread ids are returned. Then this thread ids are used to find similar threads. This query lasted very long.

Two days ago I moved my board with 500k+ posts from my 5 year old server (P4, single IDE drive, 1GB RAM, MySql 4.1) to my new server (Core2Quad, RAID 1, 4GB RAM, 4GB RAM, MySql 5.0) and the problem is gone. Maybe I'll try the MySql fulltext search.
            noox, Mountainbike Downhill Board

Comment

Working...
            X