How dumb can vbulletin be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dumb can vbulletin be?

So if a moderator goes crazy and deletes all threads (soft-delete), we can run query and unto the action.

Now what if a mod decides to merge 100 threads and then move that ONE thread to some other forum.... the forum owners are completely screwed. No way to revert that, just take the loss and move on. Good job vbulletin.

Good job on making moderators who you don't trust.

Rule 1 of administrating. Don't give the keys to people who'll use them to scratch your car.

For the record, we had a similar thing happen to us, although it was as a result of a weak moderator password, which I reversed through the use of the thread titles that are automatically appended to the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
      Good job on making moderators who you don't trust.

Rule 1 of administrating. Don't give the keys to people who'll use them to scratch your car.

For the record, we had a similar thing happen to us, although it was as a result of a weak moderator password, which I reversed through the use of the thread titles that are automatically appended to the post.
      No that mod was on the site as a mod for over 1 year. I mentioned how the "mod went crazy" for a reason.

You missed my point, say a mod's account was hacked.... same senerio. Focus on what the actual issue is.

Comment

I know what the issue is. The issue is you had a rogue moderator and he caused trouble.

Pointing fingers at vBulletin won't help. It was as much your fault as theirs. Take some responsibility for your own forum.

Comment

This is why you make regular backups of your database

Comment

Exactly. Feel free to submit this in the suggestions forum if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
              I know what the issue is. The issue is you had a rogue moderator and he caused trouble.

Pointing fingers at vBulletin won't help. It was as much your fault as theirs. Take some responsibility for your own forum.
              No, the issue is that there is no security when it comes to rogue moderators who cause trouble.

Do you see me crying about the situation? I'm bringing up a very valid point here. Of course I have back ups, but when a forum gets 6000 posts a day, a daily back up can mean losing 80 new members + 250 new threads + 6000 posts.

I'm not pointing a finger, I'm telling them that there is a flaw in the system which should be corrected.

PS: I wasn't asking for help either, so I don't know what you're talking about. Try reading my posts before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Do you see me crying about the situation?
                To be honest, yes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X