Paid Subscriptions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Subscriptions..

Okay, I just noticed that some of our paid subscriptions for members have expired. It shows that they are expired in the Subscription Manager, but the members were never moved out of the Paid group back into the Registered Group. Shouldn't this happen auotmatically?
    www.gottwinz.net

Still learning....

Yes, it should. Have you installed any add-ons or modified your footer template?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have added a button to the footer...but other than that, no.
      www.gottwinz.net

Still learning....

Comment

and there are quite a few hacks that we have added, but as far as I know they are all added correctly....
        www.gottwinz.net

Still learning....

Comment

Since this is not a problem that occurs with an unmodified vB then I suspect one of your add-ons is interfering with this process. Unfortunately the only way to troubleshoot this is to remove all add-ons for a while, then add one back at a time until you find out which one is causing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Grr...that's what I was NOT hoping for
            www.gottwinz.net

Still learning....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              Since this is not a problem that occurs with an unmodified vB then I suspect one of your add-ons is interfering with this process. Unfortunately the only way to troubleshoot this is to remove all add-ons for a while, then add one back at a time until you find out which one is causing this.
              It is not. I have been having this problem for years.

I have reported this issue on a few occasions, but my reports don't get very far given that it's not easy to provide steps to re-produce this problem due to the nature of this bug. When things fail when they're supposed to happen automatically, it's hard for me to give information on how to re-produce such a problem.

Advice for Kebbie and anyone else experiencing this issue:

The way to investigate those who are in the premium user group without an active subscription, is to look at the list of names of those who are in the premium user group, and then click on all of the users one by one to see if they have an active subscription. (easiest way is to open a new window each time) If their subscription is active, it will appear bold.

If you have just one premium user group and corresponding subscription, then you could just view the list of people in the user group AND the list of people with an active subscription. Then you can just scan down the lists and easily identify someone who doesn't show up on both lists. (which would indicate that they don't have a subscription) This method won't work very well if you have more than one subscription available to users however.

I have to do this every other month or so to reduce loss in revenue. It's a pain in the ass, I must admit.

- RichM
              Last edited by RichM; Thu 23 Aug '07, 9:01pm.

Comment

I don't have this problem with the subscriptions on my forums. However if you can duplicate this problem on a forum running the original vB code (perhaps set up a test forum for this) then you should report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X