Need to stop unregistered users from PM'ing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to stop unregistered users from PM'ing

Currently we moderate all new users due to a spate of problems. These users can PM other users whilst waiting for their accounts to be OK'd. Is there a way of stopping them being able to PM others until the accounts have been given the green light?

check your Usergroup permissions and check acounts you don't want to allow PM usage are not acivated. Like "Users Awaiting eMail Confirmation". I always remove access to view other members details on this account, And allow them to change there own account details only, in case they need to change email addess and re-send activation. But I don't allow Guest, Coppa or Users Awaiting eMail Validation, to view other members accounts or send PM's.

If you worried they may need to post to report registration problems, setup a Guest forum board and just allow Guest only to post on that forum board, with very limited access, like not being able to reply to there own posts etc. Thats what I do to avoid people using the sly trick of registering without activating there account to gain more access to features
    Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 23 Aug '07, 2:57pm.

Comment

As MRGTB already posted...

AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Unregistered or Awaiting Email Confirmation Usergroup Edit -> Private Message Permissions

Set the first option, "Maximum Stored Messages:" to 0 to disable PM privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by XFSImperial View Post
        Set the first option, "Maximum Stored Messages:" to 0 to disable PM privileges.
        Aha, that's what I was missing. Thanks to both of you for the quick replies.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X