Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style ruined everything!

Help!

I just installed a new theme and accidentally hit the 'merge into default style' instead of parent style default. So now my sidebars, and my vblogetin are no longer showing up as well as some of my other hacks & mods. Some are though. Weird. How can I fix the ones that are not showing up? They are still showing in products just not on the actual forums. Oh and my default style was the original one it started with, not a downloaded one.

Thanks so much.

Even the menu bar with the drop down stuff at the top is gone in all but one style! And the one it's on is missing the blog links and donate button

Comment

Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will be identical to the original vB default style, assuming you did not customize 'includes/vbulletin-style.xml'.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I did that but I need to merge that into the default or something and I dont know how. The new style is still missing all my template edits, mods & hacks and I don't know how to get it the way it was.

I just don't understand why some of the stuff still works but others dont... For example the zoints link is still in the drop down menu but the vblogetin & sidebar is not.

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand. If you followed my instructions then you have a style that is identical to the original. Please explain.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am sick to my stomach over this.. I just don't know what to do and everything is ruined

Comment

Yes there's a new style but it's not set as the default and I don't know how to merge it into the default. Much of the mods I made are not working on the new or any style anymore.

Comment

What do you mean 'default' and 'merge it with default'? There is no option to merge styles.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Is there any way to restore my stuff to the previous day?

Comment

Only if you made a backup of the database and/or the styles.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Is there any way I can get a hold of an xml file of the original genaric theme so I can import it over the default? That might just work!

Comment

That is what I meant in post #2.

Reupload the original vbulletin-style.xml file from the zip file to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section of the Style Manager.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ahha! Ok! What does this mean though- "Make sure you upload this in ASCII"

Comment

If you don't know what that is, chances are, your FTP client will handle it for you. Come back and post back if it doesn't import (don't worry, it won't break anything if it doesn't work) and tell us what FTP client you use so we can give you more details
                            Best Regards,
                            Andy Huang

Comment

Thank you so much! I'm using filezilla and I can't find the xml file to import. Where would it be and what is it called? Is it vbulletin-style.xml? I can't find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X