We fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• epic1
    replied
    Submitted!

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Could you open a support ticket providing AdminCP, FTP and phpMyAdmin login details please.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Hmmm..I don't see anything that I recognize would cause this. However since it is not happening here, and you say this does not ocur with the original vB code and templates, then the only other possibility is a server issue.

I'll ask the other staff if they may have some ideas.

Leave a comment:

• epic1
    replied
    www.roadraceforum.com/forums/

You can sign up here -
    u: vbulletin
    p: vbtest

Quote any garbage in the top thread. Add tons of single quotes, double quotes, smilies. You'll see the truncating in action.

Leave a comment:

• epic1
    replied
    Here is phpinfo:

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/?do=phpinfo

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It also may be due to suhosin. Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What language and encoding are you using? If you are using UTF-8 you may have to empty the Blank Character Stripper for certain characters to work properly.

Leave a comment:

• epic1
    replied
    Negative. It does NOT happen here.

We tested it on a fresh install.

We quoted someone with multiple lines as a reply... it leaves only the first line and chops everything under. We sometimes get "message is not long enough" errors, too.

We're thinking it has something to do with the ' . It's like it doesn't know how to escape it properly in PHP? We are throwing in ' " '" randomly and it's seeming to truncate and chop.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do you have the same problem here?

Leave a comment:

• epic1
    replied
    It is 100% not because of modification.

We have three vbulletins on the server we are running on. All three forums suffer from this. Two are unmodified, one is modified.

It's the WYSIWYG and whatever it's accessing on the server.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Does the same thing happen to you here? This is not something that occurs with the default vB code and templates, so I would suspect this is due to a modification you made.

Leave a comment:

• epic1
    replied
    Negative, Steve.

Anything done in the WYSIWYG editor that has multiple lines magically kills lines. Also, when people are trying to quote, it sometimes screws that quote up by cutting off the end of it.

I...

1) Reverted all templates to the original style.
    2) Ran Diagnostics. All files match up.
    3) Ran all rebuilding of indexes.

Still, WYSIWYG is having problems. I upgraded from 3.6.0 and didn't expect for us to lose that editor.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Are you copy-n-pasting from something else? That is the usual cause of this. Apps like MS Word, for instance, have lots of hidden code in them.

Leave a comment:

• epic1
    replied
    Bump. I'm having the SAME problem.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X