Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i get RSS feeds to work like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayW
    replied
    lol

No worries, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    I get a 404 not found on that link :P

You should double check for your forum permission; RSS is always built based on the guest's permission group. If people must login to view the post contents, they won't be able to see it on the RSS.

Leave a comment:

• RayW
    replied
    Ahh, ok! I thought it was a feature of vB.

I can do that easily enough but it doesn't seem to be working on a per forum basis. For example, when I go to http://www.example.com/external.php?...2&forumids=100 - there are no new posts/threads listed.

Leave a comment:

• Viper007Bond
    replied
    Originally posted by RayW View Post
    I don't get the RSS icons next to the forum names. What could be causing this??
    They'd modified their theme to add the icons.

Leave a comment:

• RayW
    replied
    I was wondering how to do this as well and upon searching, I found this thread.

The problem I'm having is although the RSS Syndication is set to yes and everything appears to be turned and configured correctly, I don't get the RSS icons next to the forum names. What could be causing this??

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Admin CP > vBulletin Options > External Data Provider
    Enable RSS Syndication and setup the cache time as you want. Please note though, RSS is generated based on Guest / Not yet logged in's permission. So if your forum requires login to view content, it will not work.

Leave a comment:

• Gez
    started a topic How do i get RSS feeds to work like this?

How do i get RSS feeds to work like this?

http://hondaswap.com/ has the RSS tag next to every forum, how would i go about setting my forum up to be the same? I know nothing about RSS feeds so i am kind of lost here, help
Working...
X