Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i get RSS feeds to work like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get RSS feeds to work like this?

http://hondaswap.com/ has the RSS tag next to every forum, how would i go about setting my forum up to be the same? I know nothing about RSS feeds so i am kind of lost here, help

Admin CP > vBulletin Options > External Data Provider
    Enable RSS Syndication and setup the cache time as you want. Please note though, RSS is generated based on Guest / Not yet logged in's permission. So if your forum requires login to view content, it will not work.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

I was wondering how to do this as well and upon searching, I found this thread.

The problem I'm having is although the RSS Syndication is set to yes and everything appears to be turned and configured correctly, I don't get the RSS icons next to the forum names. What could be causing this??

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RayW View Post
        I don't get the RSS icons next to the forum names. What could be causing this??
        They'd modified their theme to add the icons.
        FinalGear.com Forums -- Top Gear and general automotive forums

Comment

Ahh, ok! I thought it was a feature of vB.

I can do that easily enough but it doesn't seem to be working on a per forum basis. For example, when I go to http://www.example.com/external.php?...2&forumids=100 - there are no new posts/threads listed.

Comment

I get a 404 not found on that link :P

You should double check for your forum permission; RSS is always built based on the guest's permission group. If people must login to view the post contents, they won't be able to see it on the RSS.
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

lol

No worries, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X