Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mferguson
    replied
    We do that as well. The difference is that we provide a free forum for clubs that are in the community we support. These we term "club coordinators" and they, ideally, have only moderator privileges over their own forum. Recently I found a case that one of them moved a post that was in their forum into another forum...one that they have no privileges in (other than to post and read as regular users).

Ideally I would like to see a "Can Move Others Threads" permission shown in the moderator configuration. If it isn't set and "Can Manage Threads" is set that they would see everything else except Move Thread.

Effectively I want to give the ability to moderate their own forum and have those moderators listed but not allow them the ability to influence other forums on our site.

Thanks for the consideration of a feature like this.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Usually I write up a reference thread for staff " moderation policy " or alike. Telling what they are not allowed to do, and are allowed to do. Part of being a good mod is to respect these rules, and then not move threads. if they can't respect that they're not good mods.

Leave a comment:

• mferguson
    started a topic Fine grained thread management

Fine grained thread management

I recently ran into a case where a forum moderator moved a thread to another forum when he/she shouldn't have. While as an moderator of the forum he had the "Can manage threads" permission I didn't really need him to be able to move threads to forums that he had no moderator control over (only our admins should be moving threads between forums).

With the above in mind is there any facility in the current versions of vB that will allow setting what abilities are allowed for a moderator when thread management is enabled. For my purposes the only thing I want to remove from the ability list is that of moving threads.

Thanks!

Mark