Problem with Polls after upgrading to 3.6.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Polls after upgrading to 3.6.8

I have a strange issue that I am trying to resolve after upgrading from 3.6.6. to 3.6.8. When I post a new Poll on my website, like the poll I posted here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239302

The text that follows the checkbox is always "NULL"

Attached is an example:

Now, when I click "EDIT" the text is there just fine! I looked at my templates and they have all been reverted (except navbar which I need to finish). I also know the problem is with the following template (or the code that sends this!): polloption

The code I have in my template is as follows: (never mind - this was not the issue!)

Edited for format this so people can read it!
    Last edited by Quarterbore; Wed 8th Aug '07, 6:31pm.
    vBClassified.com
    TimeshareForums.com

Have you reverted the templates in question?

You can always see the correct default by clicking on "View Default". You can compare your current template with the default by clicking "View History".
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Wayne, sorry about the other thread, it was supposed to be a seperate issue with the site here... For some reason I am able to post in HTML here and I was trying to share the details:

EDIT, OK, somehow I had a double post... Sorry I didn't intend to do that.

Here is the double post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1403526 NOTEmy last comment I tried to post

OK, I have no idea what is going on but somehow I am able to post using HTML when the notice below clearly says I should NOT be able to! in addition, if I post HTML inside of the [ php ] or [ html ] tags this code is being treated as HTML.

When I hit post, the message is saved and I can see that my HTML code was executed as HTML. So, I hit edit and the contents in my edit post window is in HTML NOT vBCode!

I have no idea how this happened but I will share that while I am trying to post this that I have two of my own sites open at the same time. On my own sites I do allow me to use HTML (not that should matter it sems?) I am using Windows 2000 Pro and IE 6.0.

NOTE - To format this I had to post using HTML!!!
      Last edited by Quarterbore; Wed 8th Aug '07, 6:28pm.
      vBClassified.com
      TimeshareForums.com

Comment

I am only seeing BBCode in your post myself. The WYSIWYG editor will accept HTML but it is converted to BBCode when it is saved.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

More Updates:

Here is my URL with the POLL!

My Page with the problem

Note that the vBadvanced module shows the same POLL with what the questions should say.
          Last edited by Quarterbore; Wed 8th Aug '07, 6:27pm.
          vBClassified.com
          TimeshareForums.com

Comment

OK, I am logged in from another computer and the quarks I had earlier are gone...

I have verified that my templates do not show any signs of being customized (other then navbar). I spent some time tracing the code and I figured out that the value for $option[question] is comming from the showthread.php file.

I tried to hack that script to add a defined "question" in this format:

$option[question] = 'This is a test!';

When I did this and uploaded it to my server ONLY the letter "T" was shown as the Poll Question?

My site is heavily customized and I tried disabling the pluggin system but with the plugin system disabled I get an error so this is not an option. I guess I need to systematically go through and disable all of the extra products and plugins on my system to try and find the conflict.

I will post if I figure it out!
            vBClassified.com
            TimeshareForums.com

Comment

I have traced the code and I have come to the conclusion that the error comes somewhere in the showthread.php script.

If I go into the unmodified showthread.php script to line 732 (right before the first of two of the fetch_hook('showthread_polloption') and I add the following code I get a VERY STRANGE RESULT!!!

PHP Code:
              print_r($option);
              echo 
              '<br />';
              $option[question] = 'This is a System Test!';
              //HERE IS WHERE THE DATA IS SENT TO THE SCRIPT!

if($option['uservote'])
                 {echo 
              'CASE1 ' $option[question] . '<br />';}
                else
                 {echo 
              'CASE2 ' $option[question] . '<br />';} 
              This Outputs As:

2o
              CASE1 T
              8o
              CASE1 T
              Now, the CASE1 makes sense as I did vote! BUT I have no idea where these $option values came from? I also do not understand why my string of text got cut down to just one character.

Now, if I add an unset($option); to the top of the showthread.php I still get the same values BUT if I add it just before my test code as follows I get the following output:

PHP Code:
              unset($option);
              print_r($option);
              echo 
              '<br />';
              $option[question] = 'This is a System Test!';
              //HERE IS WHERE THE DATA IS SENT TO THE SCRIPT!

if($option['uservote'])
                 {echo 
              'CASE1 ' $option[question] . '<br />';}
                else
                 {echo 
              'CASE2 ' $option[question] . '<br />';} 
              This Outputs As:

CASE1 T

CASE1 T
              Now, I looked at the code and I can not figure out where $option is getting these values and I am still confused why the array with the option name is only containing the first character.

I am still tracing the code but this is on my biggest community so I really want to get this figured out... thanks for any advise!
              vBClassified.com
              TimeshareForums.com

Comment

OK, I have NO IDEA why this fixes it but it did!!!

All I had to do to fix this problem was:

open showthread.php

FIND:

PHP Code:
                require_once('./global.php'); 
                After Add:

PHP Code:
                unset($option); 
                NOTE, if I unset the variable BEFORE global I get the same error. By placing it after global the error goes away!
                Last edited by Quarterbore; Wed 8th Aug '07, 6:34pm.
                vBClassified.com
                TimeshareForums.com

Comment

Working...
                X