Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding quickreply in selected forums

Hello All,

What Im trying to accomplish is to remove the quickreply in selected forums. While searching here I found a possible solution:

Code:
    <if condition="$SHOWQUICKREPLY AND !$show['threadedmode'] AND !in_array($forum[forumid] array(x,y,z))">
    And replace the x, y, z in the forums you do not wish the quickreply to appear.

I tried it and got this error in the Admin CP:

Code:
    The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:

Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_ARRAY in /home/.../public_html/.../includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3596) : eval()'d code on line 225

This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.
    The line 225 is the SHOWTHREAD line I tried to modify:

Code:
    <if condition="$show['quickreply'] AND !$show['threadedmode'] AND !in_array($forum[forumid] array(52,1,2,5,70,7,37,6,8,11,12,55,27,29,40,71,41,51,42,43,46,47))">
    Im using 3.6.7.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

You need a comma between $forum[forumid] and array.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you very much Wayne

After I placed the comma I got no error.

One more questions though, After I placed the correct code I still see the quick reply button and box, is there any other template I need to modify in order to remove the quick reply button and box?

Thank you for your patience

Regards,

Comment

There shouldn't be... Sounds like part of your IF is failing for some reason. All three need to be true for it to show. I suggest reviewing your code some more.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you Wayne

Ahhh you are always right My bad, was placing it in the incorrect place...thank you again for your prompt responses.

Cheers,

Comment

Hey Wayne, I got another one for you...

The code above only hides the quickreply button for the first post. If I make a second post the quickreply button appears again. Is there anything else I need to do in order to hide the quickreply button on all posts?

Thanks,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X