Avatars missing following upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatars missing following upgrade

I am working on an upgrade for one of my customers and I appear to have lost the customer avatar functionality. All I see is "user x's Avatar" in the place of where the picture might show up. I found a similar thread were it was suspected that a template issue cause the problem. I followed the advice and created a new template with no parent. Still the same issue.

The upgrade was from 3.0.3 to 3.6.8. It is possible that a mysql query may have been missed as many of the upgrades timed out in the browser prior to completion. However, no upgrade pages ever produced an error. I compared the structure of the attachment table with a working test copy and it appears to be the same.

Please help.
    AlphaOmegaHosting.Com
    http://www.alphaomegahosting.com

Right click on the image and select properties to see if the path is correct.

Comment

I am having this problem also - the path to the image just shows the root of the forum url. This is using 3.6.5

Comment

I have the same issue (3.0.0 to 3.6.8 upgrade)

I am suspecting it is because earlier versions kept the Avatars in the database and new versions (3.6.8 at least) want to put them in a directory.

Comment

No, upgrading vB would not change this. You need to revert your templates. If you have further problems then please start your own thread with all the relevant details.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment