upgrading, config.php.new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading, config.php.new

When I upgrade (today to 3.6.8) I follow the instructions exactly and remove:

install/install.php

I upload and get a database error because

includes/config.php

(renamed that way from config.php.new)

has been overwritten. When I upload a copy of includes/config.php that I kept from the previous installation, all is well.

Am I missing something: why doesn't the upgrade documentation advise keeping the previous includes/config.php?

TIA!

What I do is when upgrading I rename the config.php.new from the new files to config.php and just edit the details in their and upload.

YOUR PROBLEM IS IS THAT YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T EDIT THE NEW CONFIG FILE WITH THE DATABASE DETAILS FROM THE PREVIOUS CONFIG FILE

Comment

why doesn't the upgrade documentation advise keeping the previous includes/config.php?
      that's what you should do if it was not mentioned that config should be updated

Comment

You don't have to upload the new config.php if you're upgrading from a previous version from the 3.6.x series; the instructions could be clearer... but the only thing is just to edit the new config file with the information and it should be fine.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Thanks, everyone; fortunately I had retained a copy and replaced the new install with that copy.

But since the upgrade documentation is so precise, I found it hard to believe this vital step wasn't included :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X