I accidentaly deleted the forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I accidentaly deleted the forum...

I guess I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing on the server and accidentally deleted my whole public__html directory so I lost everything. I had phpmysqlbackup running and emailed me a backup so I have the backup of the 26th, now I had loads of mods and template edits I had done weeks age, so can my forum be reestored with all its changes?
    Thanks

I would suggest just re-uploading the vBulletin files. Your database should not be stored in the public_html directory and should still be safe on the server.

As long as your config.php information is correct, reuploading the files should restore everything.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

i did this a few months ago too. Luckily, I managed to get it back up and running within an hour by reuploading the files and then making modifications again. Best of luck.

Comment

Depending on your hosting plan you probably have backups on the server. I know I can go into Cpanel and download gzips of my db or public_html or my entire site.

I think you'll need your host's help restoring these though. Don't wait until the next automated backup overwrites them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X