status icons not marked as read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• status icons not marked as read

Alright, here is my problem. When there is a new reply in a topic or new topic the status icon shows new. When i view that topic and then return to the index it is still marked as new. The only way to get it marked as old is to back up the way i came.

example:
    Code:
    topic>sub-forum>forum>forum category>Main(index)
    I have seen other forums with this same problem. I'm thinking this has something to do with cookie setting or something? I just don't know how to configure anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

Are you using cookie-based session marking, or database read marking?

If you want to to be automatic you would need to choose database read marking.

Admin CP > vBulletin Options > General Settings > Thread/Forum Read Marking Type
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I am using cookie based marking. I know that invisionfree uses this too. I had the same problem with that board and a mod that automatically configured the right cookie information fixed that problem.

So: there must be a way to correct this. I'm absolutely sure that there are tons of other people out there with this same problem.

Comment

Switch to the database read marking system. It is more reliable.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X