Trying to move my forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to move my forum

I am trying to move my forum from a subdirectory ie example.com/forums/ to the root ie example.com. I have copied all the files and changed the site url in the old admincp, but I can't login to the new forum or admincp to change the setting there. I have searched here and everybody just says, move files and update site url in options, but now I can't log in to change it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you changed it before moving the files, then you shouldn't have to. The problem with logging in probably has to do with improper cookie settings. You need to log in to the old location and reset the cookie path and cookie domain to their defaults.

vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options.

Cookie Path: /
    Cookie Domain: blank
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I didn't change it before I moved it, which file is the site URL stored in?

Comment

It's not. Its stored in the database in two locations. One is easily changeable, the other is not. Except for config.php, vBulletin does not store any information in files by default.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It was the cookie path, it was /forums/ and changing it / worked, thanks Wayne, rep added.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X