Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop a forum from appearing in the New Posts search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop a forum from appearing in the New Posts search?

I've setup a forum specifically for the purpose of allowing members to spam. I'd like it so that when new threads/posts are made, they do not appear on the New Posts search. Is there anyway I can easily do this?

I already tried disabling indexing of the forum, but I know there's a way for it to be done.

How To Include / Exclude Forums From "New Posts"
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172811
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Such an easy fix. Thanks Steve! (I really wish this would just be an option in the AdminCP)

Comment

*Bump*

I made the additions, but unfortunately, it does not appear to exclude any of the specified forum ids.

Code:
                        <if condition="$show['member']">
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew&exclude=239,242" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
                        <else />
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
                        </if>
                        <td id="navbar_search" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[search]</a> <if condition="$show['quicksearch']"><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); </script></if></td>
                    </if>
                        <td id="usercptools" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="$show[nojs_link]#usercptools">$vbphrase[quick_links]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("usercptools"); </script></td>        
                    </if>
                <else />        
                    <if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4">$vbphrase[search]</a></td>
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew&exclude=239,242" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
                        <else />
                        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
                        </if>
                    </if>
        Trying to exclude 239 & 242 but it doesn't seem to work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X