Purchased a 2nd forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bed time for me.

take a look at the image below I've attached.

This might help you undertand
    Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 20 Jul '07, 6:21pm.

Comment

well I contacted my host and I guess I'm only allowed 1 database per account I own the website thedynastyguild.com that I wanted to use for the new forum but both of my websites are hosted through the same account. I assume the database comes from the host and not from owning the web address? I guess Im just wondering if there is some sort of database available from just owning thedynastyguild.com or if I need to purchase a 2nd host account to get the database?

Comment

Yeah, you'll need to either upgrade your hosting account or switch hosts.

(Mods, if you feel the rest of this post isn't appropriate, feel free to remove it.)

I would recommend big blue host, right now they have a special where you get a ton of space and bandwidth. You can have all the databases you want, you can have all the domains you want, for only 10 dollars a month. Awesome support and everything. Support can even walk you through installing vBulletin!

http://www.bigbluehost.com/specials.htm

I recommend calling them up and talking to them, and make sure they can offer everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusky View Post
          well I contacted my host and I guess I'm only allowed 1 database per account I own the website thedynastyguild.com that I wanted to use for the new forum but both of my websites are hosted through the same account. I assume the database comes from the host and not from owning the web address? I guess Im just wondering if there is some sort of database available from just owning thedynastyguild.com or if I need to purchase a 2nd host account to get the database?
          To be honest your probabley on your host smallest account. I have a site with my host using there Tiny account, And I only get one database with that for $25 year.

So I wouldn't be too suprised if you paying next to nothing for your web space. That sounds about right really if your on a very small package.

Your only other option is to either upgrade your account with them to a larger account that will give you more than one database to use. Or keep that as it and run the forum from another host and just link to it from the website.

Comment

OR..

YOu could use a TABLE_PREFIX in the new forum's config.php.

Gotta go buy lollies now but will check in here later.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              OR..

YOu could use a TABLE_PREFIX in the new forum's config.php.

Gotta go buy lollies now but will check in here later.

DUH! Good idea.

Use all of the same mysql information as you used on your old forum, and in the config.php file there's a variable for table prefix. Change it to vb2_ (Or anything you want really) and it will work on the same database. When it asks if you want to delete the old information from the database. SAY NO And it should install right along side it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X