Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enabling Google Adsense Site Authentication

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enabling Google Adsense Site Authentication

    I'd like to test this feature on my forum, but its not working. Has anyone implemented this as yet?

    Heres what it looks like, basically it allows google access to restricted forums so more relevant ads can be displayed.



    i plain md5 hashed the password via this tool. I also tried using the password as plain text and as the hashed/salted version from the user table.

    I then added 2 parameters to google adsense and tried index.php and login.php as the destination page. The 2 params used were vb_login_username and vb_login_md5password.

    No luck though, and no errors or anything to help me..Just shows the guest content and login box.

    Asked over at vb.org as well, but no luck so far. Any advice?

  • #2
    I never tried using it, but you might get help in link below
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

    If not you have a whole list of forums that can help you get your answer.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/links.php?l...uters_internet

    Comment


    • #3
      um, thanks?

      Has anyone setup Adsense Site Authentication within their vbulletin forum?

      Comment


      • #4
        I just set it up and seemed to have success (Test My Authetication URL looked good) with the following:

        Auth URL: http://www.mysite.com/forums/login.php?do=login
        Auth method: POST
        Parameters:
        vb_login_username = <username>
        do = login
        vb_login_md5password = <md5hash>
        vb_login_md5password_utf = <md5hash>

        I was lazy and just got the md5 hash by watching what values my browser posts to my site upon login. One possible way to do that is to use the Live HTTP Headers extension for Firefox.
        Last edited by jsharper; Sun 22nd Jul '07, 7:27am.

        Comment


        • #5
          thats done it, thanks alot!

          i added the "do = login" parameter and used the md5 hash of the password and google logged in perfectly!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by aussiet View Post
            thats done it, thanks alot!

            i added the "do = login" parameter and used the md5 hash of the password and google logged in perfectly!
            Me too, but that's it. Google gets logged in, but nothing else happens. Any ideas why it gets stuck after logging in?

            I expected it to start crawling the restricted areas?!

            Cheers,
            Jack

            Comment


            • #7
              It doesnt work for me, I keep getting login failure ..... can anyone check if theirs is still working with vb 3.7.0 GOLD ?
              GMAT Prep

              Comment


              • #8
                a noobish question .. how to " md5" a password ?

                What

                vb_login_md5password = <md5hash>
                vb_login_md5password_utf = <md5hash>

                means ? or does ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IncubuRs View Post
                  a noobish question .. how to " md5" a password ?

                  What

                  vb_login_md5password = <md5hash>
                  vb_login_md5password_utf = <md5hash>

                  means ? or does ?
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5

                  It's a one way-hashing algorytm to encrypt your password.
                  FinalGear.com Forums -- Top Gear and general automotive forums

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I also have enabled site authentication. The "test authentication" worked OK but the Adsense Spider is not crawling my site.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      same problem

                      the "test authentication" works fine, it logs on the site. but it doesn't start crawling the restricted areas.

                      - technot

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just found this information under "site diagnostics":


                        This crawl report is updated weekly, and we are unable to accommodate requests for more frequent crawling. Please also keep in mind that this report is not exhaustive.

                        So it may take from 1 to 7 days till adsense starts crawling restricted content

                        Thanks for information on howto make this work!

                        - technot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jsharper View Post
                          I just set it up and seemed to have success (Test My Authetication URL looked good) with the following:

                          Auth URL: http://www.mysite.com/forums/login.php?do=login
                          Auth method: POST
                          Parameters:
                          vb_login_username = <username>
                          do = login
                          vb_login_md5password = <md5hash>
                          vb_login_md5password_utf = <md5hash>

                          I was lazy and just got the md5 hash by watching what values my browser posts to my site upon login. One possible way to do that is to use the Live HTTP Headers extension for Firefox.
                          Hi, Thank you! It worked perfectly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jsharper View Post
                              I just set it up and seemed to have success (Test My Authetication URL looked good) with the following:

                              Auth URL: http://www.mysite.com/forums/login.php?do=login
                              Auth method: POST
                              Parameters:
                              vb_login_username = <username>
                              do = login
                              vb_login_md5password = <md5hash>
                              vb_login_md5password_utf = <md5hash>

                              I was lazy and just got the md5 hash by watching what values my browser posts to my site upon login. One possible way to do that is to use the Live HTTP Headers extension for Firefox.
                              Thank you for this. I could have banged my head on the keyboard all night. It works!

                              At least the "Test My Authentication URL" works. No visits from the robot as yet.
                              Last edited by oldengine; Fri 5th Feb '10, 3:24pm.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X