Added new smilies to forum, will not show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added new smilies to forum, will not show up

I just did a database transfer recently from PHPBB to vBulletin.

During the transfer, it also had a feature to transfer my smilies as well. While it did not transfer my smile images, it did transfer the smile codes. From there all I had to do was add the smile images.

When you are on the forum and attempt to make a post, you do see all of the smiles listed that I added. When you click them, they add to the post you are working on. However, once you submit the post the smilies disappear. Any ideas?

Make sure your paths are correct. Also make sure there aren't any overlaps in your smilie designations. ie: and umpkin: overlap.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Make sure your paths are correct. Also make sure there aren't any overlaps in your smilie designations. ie: and umpkin: overlap.
      no, thats not the problem. The smiles physically will not post at all except for the default ones. They completely show up perfectly when you are typing out your message.

If anyone would like to see whats going on, please sign up on http://www.guildclan.com and try to post a smile that isn't a default smile. None of them work, but yet they do work while typing the message. Its very strange.

Comment

Please post some example links or provide an account. As much as I would like to register, this often leads to spam. I now get hundreds of unwanted emails a week from forums that have been troubleshot in the past.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

fixed it... i had to move them from imported smiles to generic smiles group

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Please post some example links or provide an account. As much as I would like to register, this often leads to spam. I now get hundreds of unwanted emails a week from forums that have been troubleshot in the past.
            Completely understood

I got it fixed now though, so don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
            X