How To:.....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To:.....................

Here's my dilema. I'm in charge of building this forum for our company.

Our forum will be dual use, for both internal and external. Each forum will be separated by a password so that outside world cannot access the internal.

What is the best way to do this? Is there something in registration that can automatically put the person in a specific usergroup depending on whether they are registering for internal or external?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Originally posted by civileng68 View Post
    Here's my dilema. I'm in charge of building this forum for our company.

Our forum will be dual use, for both internal and external. Each forum will be separated by a password so that outside world cannot access the internal.

What is the best way to do this? Is there something in registration that can automatically put the person in a specific usergroup depending on whether they are registering for internal or external?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    User Group permissions will be the easiest way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazingPC View Post
      User Group permissions will be the easiest way to do it.

Do I manually have to put users in custom groups? I know I can have all new registrations go to one group but what about two different groups? Maybe a group based on part of the email or something?

I know it's far fetched but I'm just trying to see if there's a way outside of manually to get users in seperate groups.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X