Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display Full Really Simple Syndication(RSS 2.0) Article(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Full Really Simple Syndication(RSS 2.0) Article(s)

Quick question, on my RSS Feed, when posting, I don't want just the description, I want the whole article to post. So, how do I do that?

You can only get what an RSS feed gives you.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the length of what is posting has a default setting, and I need it to be changed. Because it is posting 2-3 sentences for the description, when the article itself is a few thousand...

Comment

View the RSS source and see what code they use to get the full article.

Comment

COuld you help? I am using ESPN...
          Here is the RSS link

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/rss/nfl/news

Comment

The only thing that rss feeds sends that is <description><![CDATA[Although a strained shoulder limited him in the bench-press drill, University of Maryland offensive tackle Jared Gaither likely cemented his status as a player who will be chosen in Thursday's supplemental draft by turning in a solid overall workout.]]></description>

Theres nothing more contained in that, if you want the full article you'd have to copy it from their site and that could be seen as copyright infringment.

Comment

Oh alright. I didn't know if there was something wrong with my RSS or what was happening. But seems that ESPN only allows just a sentence or 2. Thanks for the help. Guess I will try and find another RSS feed for sports.

Comment

Well, the same thing is happening with Yahoo Sports also...

And google,MSN, and SI. Does no one give a full article?
                Last edited by cajunboy2208; Tue 10th Jul '07, 2:10am.

Comment

Working...
                X