Portal-like thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal-like thing

Before vbulletin, I was using phpbb. In that days, I heard a portal system. That thing puts a portal page on homepage, and puts the forum into "/forum" folder.
    I think that portal system works like this: You select a topic, and it goes to "news" categories in the forum. All the topics in the news categories, are been displaying in the portal page.
    I see that, some vbulletin sites like evilavatar.com uses similar portal system.
    We can preview first posts of the topics in the forum's news categories.

But I want a different thing.
    I want to select a post in forum, and assign it as "show in the portal page".
    I don't want to use a "news category portal", but "selected posts portal".
    I also want to use a tab system for these posts. For example there will be "all news, important, review, interview, etc...". Those different tabs work as a category. While I select the post, I will select its category as well. For the interviews, it will display under the interview tab, for the reviews, it will display under the review tab. But "all news" will list all the posts, regardless the category.

I mean tab, like the browsers tabs, not the tags like that in blogs or blog-like portals.

I also want to add a poll to the main page of that portal.

Comment

www.vbadvanced.com -- they offer a free portal add-on. Its decent and should do everything your looking for.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I will look at it, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X