Login Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Problems

I recently moved servers and now I'm experiencing the following problem.

When a member logs into the site, they see the jump screen "Thank you for logging in" and then are returned to the homepage of the forum. However, the Username/Password box are empty and not reflecting the user being logged into the site.

If the user clicks into a category and then back to the forum homepage, it shows them being logged in.

I've uploaded tools.php and run the default cache/domain.

I have confirmed it's happening across multiple users.

Any suggestions?

Make sure your cookie domain and cookie path are defaults in the Admin CP and make sure your URL is set correctly in the options.

Cookie Settings are at vBulletin Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options

URL is at vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

seem to have basically the same problem...
      (only I recently just changed my domain name)...

problem is ... I can't login into ADMINCP either. I get the admincp login page, enter id/password, it looks to be working fine (thank you for loggin in) but then the login page appears again!!

I've cleared cache and cookies and tried with different browsers.

It also shows me logged into the forums (current active users) but I'm not actually logged in (same as cmeink said).

Is there somewhere in the config file or via FTP I can check/change the
      Cookie and HTTP Header Options URL and Site Name / URL / Contact Details??

HEEELPPPP!!!!! +_+

Comment

ahhh!! keep getting new registration signup and then email asking why they can't login... and I cna't do anything about it!!!!! (again, can't login to forums or ADMINCP!)

HAAAAAAALLPPP!!!!!

Comment

Same problem

I got the same problem since I've installed vBSEO...
          on my case my site is under construction and got just 2 accounts, I log in, and it return me to the main page, but when you go to any link it's logged up, but when you try to post, you need to log in again...
          Help needed too

Comment

Originally posted by iogames.com View Post
            I got the same problem since I've installed vBSEO...
            on my case my site is under construction and got just 2 accounts, I log in, and it return me to the main page, but when you go to any link it's logged up, but when you try to post, you need to log in again...
            Help needed too
            mines on an active site, so its even more frustrating whre you able to find the solution?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236040

Comment

As a VBseo user, I found that modifying the .htaccess fixed my problem.
                My forums were going to http://mysite.com/forum instead of having the www prefix. This code fixed it. Of course, replace mysite with your domain.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.mysite\.com
                RewriteRule (.*) http://www.mysite.com/forum/$1 [L,R=301]

Comment

So it was a vBSEO-related problem?
                  cause I sign up and then like nothing! then I browse and I'm logged in, but try to ppost and ask me for sign up again...

Comment

open your vbulletin options.

change all urls of your iste in your URL options from www.yoursite.com to yoursite.com without the www. worked for me

Comment