• Floris
    replied
    You could use these queries:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213135

Leave a comment:

• PlymWS
    replied
    Thank you.

That script is almost identical to the one I've written ! The problem is that it doesn't turn the forum off while executing the backup. I would like to do this to prevent people posting in the 5 mins or so that the backup takes.

Is there a command I could execute to turn the forum off and back on? I'm thinking that the cron job could turn the forum off, run the backup script and then turn the forum back on.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    vBulletin's .zip file has a folder called "do_not_upload", inside it is a shell script to help you create a backup. You can edit it, and then add the script to your crontab.

Leave a comment:

• PlymWS
    started a topic Automated backup process

Automated backup process

I would like to create an automated backup process.

Every week at a certain time I would like my forum to turn off and run a mysqlhotcopy of my forum DB. After a sufficient time ( e.g. 10 mins ) the forum turns back on.

I could achieve this through a cron job but I'm not sure how I would get the cron job to turn the forum off and back on. Is this possible ?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X