Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I posted a different thread about yesterday, my forum went down for a 6 hour period on July 1. My server (ASmallOrange) said that they had to restart my MySQL and Apache services to get the site back online. Every forum related page on my site was showing a "Page cannot be displayed" message.

Now, the site is back up and working, but a few certain areas are still giving the "Page cannot be displayed" error message MOST of the time when you click them. It doesn't happen EVERY time, but most.

More often then not, I get the page of death when clicking one of these three things:
    1. New Posts
    2. Sending a PM
    3. AdminCP
    Try it for yourself - http://www.carolinarides.com
    username: test
    password: test

Everything else seems to be fine. Is this for sure a problem with my server (who is having a hard time finding anything wrong) or is it something that I may be able to fix? I'm not the most technologically apt, but I can hold my own.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated! As you can see in this link, my members are ready to get things back to working smoothly again.

Thanks in advance guys.

Also, got a DB error only twice during all these problems - it may have been unrelated, or it could have been where the server techs were trying to figure the problem out:

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a
    href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
    '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    /home/carolina/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 274

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Date : Monday, July 2nd 2007 @ 09:33:55 PM
    Script : http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/private.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 152.163.100.11
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database

Comment

Please see this page for the causes of this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Steve. Would a MySQL connection problem be the culprit of all my othe problems, listed above in the first post?

Comment

Maybe but that sounds more like general server issues.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X