Admin Message Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Message Cleanup

Just wondering how admin messages (such as those 'attention needed' messages shown after an upgrade) are cleaned up - i know their status is changed when the action is complete ('undone' => 'done'), but I can't find anywhere, either in the admin cp's index.php or in any of the cron scripts, that gets rid of stale entries.

Are they just left to accumulate or do they get cleared somewhere I haven't found yet?

Ollie
    GoXplore! | The Big Design Company | Athena Protects

If I understand the messages you talk about are the ones with the dismiss button. Clicking it will make them disappear. You can reset this if you go to the admin permissions and remove the read news id's (last option in list of permissions)

Comment

Yup, I'm talking about from a coding / developing point of view, 'dismissing' the news items only hides them, but they are still 'in' the database - are they ever deleted fully from the database at all? If so, how?

Comment

No, they aren't.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Would there be any problem with an addon using this feature and 'posting' to it? Or will it / could it break the vBulletin stuff?

Ollie

Comment

I do not know, sorry. We can't provide support for custom code changes.

Comment

Working...
            X