Auto turn COPPA on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto turn COPPA on

I recently added a few thousand users via a script to my installation of VB. The only problem is that none of the users have the COPPA stuff like I want them to be marked as over 13 and marked that they have read the terms and conditions stuff.

How can I go about this? I have been searching the database but have not found where this is set so if anyone does know where this is done, please tell me.

Users only have a COPPA flag if they fit within the requirements (under 13, you have it turned on, etc). If the users that you imported are over the age of 13, just move them to the registered user's group for full permissions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Users only have a COPPA flag if they fit within the requirements (under 13, you have it turned on, etc). If the users that you imported are over the age of 13, just move them to the registered user's group for full permissions.
      They are in the registered users group in the table 'user' but that is not doing anything. Really the problem is that when a user makes a post, there is no link to their profile and it does not show their post count or anything like that. I have been told it is because in the database they are not COPPA users or whatever so there has to be some flag somewhere that will be like 'is over 13' in the database but I just can't find it.

Comment

_bump_ Please, the setting to mark these users as having agreed to the terms is not in the 'user' table. Where can I find it?

Comment

These have nothing to do with the COPPA system. If the user is in the "Registered Usergroup" it is implied they agreed to the forum rules. There is no place to set this.

In vBulletin, the username should be a dropdown menu that links to the user profile of the poster. For a user to access their own control panel, they need to click User CP.

You need to make sure under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager that 1) they can view user profiles and 2) modify their own user profile. There are different permissions for this.

For posts to count, the forum has to have an option set. To change this, you need to go to Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager and edit the forums where posts are not being counted and set "Count Posts Made in this Forum towards User Post Count" to yes. Or run the query below:

UPDATE forum SET options=options + 4096 WHERE NOT(options & 4096);

If you run the query, you will need to edit a single forum and click save (don't have to change anything). This is VERY IMPORTANT if you run the query.

After an import it is recommended to go through the entire permissions system and the options for your imported forums to make sure they are set correctly. These don't necessarily get imported and the defaults applied are not always optimal.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X