Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uploading vbulletin to Dreamhost- 2 days and no luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading vbulletin to Dreamhost- 2 days and no luck!

I've been having problems for 2 days trying to upload vbulletin to dreamhost. I'm using smartftp. It seems my files have gone to an ftp:// mydomain.com. I'm not sure where I went wrong. Does anyone know what I should be entering in the SmartFTP fields? Which directory in DreamHost? I need something very specific as I'm (obviously) very new at this.

The domain name is vmkwish.com. I want vbulletin to be the first thing you see when you enter the domain in the browser. I did have to create a mysql database, the name is vmkwish. The host name is mysql.vmkwish.com. These are the values I put in the config.php edit. Is this correct? Is this domain part of my problem?

Any help is appreciated. I'm confused.

Lynne

Make sure that you are uploading vBulletin to an area inside the public_html or www directory as anything outside this directory is not accessible via a web browser.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I use smart FTP, too.

You don't need to have the ftp:// in smart FTP, just domain.com.

Like Kerry-Anne said, make sure you are uploading to the right place.

Comment

I connect to domain.com and in the "upload to" field I just leave the /. Is that the problem? Should I be putting more in the field?

Comment

You should be able to navigate through the directories on the server once you are connected in a similar way to how you navigate through folders and files on your computer.
          Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by lynne4t View Post
            I connect to domain.com and in the "upload to" field I just leave the /. Is that the problem? Should I be putting more in the field?
            As stated above, be sure that you are uploading the files to the /public_html folder or the www directory, which are both found in the main directory of the hosting account (in other words, the directory shouldn't only be just a /; it should be /public_html).

Chris

Comment

This should give you some insight.
              http://wiki.dreamhost.com/KB_/_FTP_/...rosoft_Windows

I have tried the Demo Cpanel and I can not properly navagate though it to find how the structure of file manager.

Comment

The directories seem confusing to me on Dreamhost, but I was able to finally get it going. Thanks for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X