cannot log in to main board or admincp - sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot log in to main board or admincp - sort of

am setting up a forum to run on 3.6.7 - currently running on an older version [3.5.4]

uploaded the software and logging into admincp is odd

if i log in with username and password it accepts it and then takes me back to the username and password screen

if i click options and tick the box shown it lets me in

HMMMMMMMM

That was true until i started to post this - just gone to the board and tried to log in - is currently off line

typed in my admin username and password - - it thanked me for logging in and then took me back to the login screen

so i cannot get in at all

looks like another upload is needed - but before i do that - am i doing something stupid

read somewhere else about using an upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6 - that would be easier - but would i lose all my styles and customisation

thanks

tony

Before we continue, what are you doing?

Are you running 3.5.x live
    And installed in a different database 3.6.7pl1 aside of 3.5?

Or did you install 3.6 on top of the 3.5 database, possibly overwriting existing database tables/fields/rows?

Yes, going from 3.5 to 3.6 will loose most plugins, all source code changes, and certainly the style modifications (you have to make a new style besides your old one and re-apply the customizations).

Comment

thanks for the reply Floris

i have a current board - its running 3.5.4 - that is running and happy - has style changes and a very few plugins

want to upgrade thet to 3.6.7 in time

installed a new copy of 3.6.7 and created its own database, so it has no link back to the old board - installed Impex and inported what i could from the old board

everytime i logged into cp on the 'test' board it took me round a loop until i clicked the tick box that appeared when i clicked 'options'

cannot quote what it says as i am now locked out all together

the problems with the cp was last night - before i shut down last night i turned the bord off in cp - there are two accounts - both mine - one admin - one registered user - this morning i went to the test board to log in as admin - it accepted my username and pasword - well it said it did but just went round a loop saying the board was closed and i should log in

so to repeat - there is one working board - and one test board - they are not connected apart from they are both on the same server

tony

Comment

In the 3.6.7pl1 config file, set the cookie prefix to vb instead of bb
        this way the two stored cookies are different. and perhaps apply a cookie path in the admincp > vboptions > site url details.

Comment

thanks - that got me straight into the board and adminCP

is that something new - have run a test board before parallel to a running board and never needed to do that

Comment

I remember this being in 3.5, but yes, certainly 3.6

Comment

again thanks -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X