Result Set Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result Set Error

Hi all! All of a sudden my board has been getting some weird errors dotted all over, along the lines of:

Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in [B]Unknown[/B] on line [B]0[/B]
    And I'm not even sure where to begin to attempt to diagnose it. It's only happened overnight, and none of our admins have made any changes on their end to the forums which might have caused it, so I'm guessing it's a server-side thing. But, if there's a way to solve it on our end, that would be really great, and it's preventing people from using some board functions like reputation giving and quick replying (an error is given, but the post still actually posts) among others.

Thanks for any help you could provide!

Which versions of apache/php/mysql do you use, what version of vBulletin and do you have any modifications installed (products/plugins/source code changes)?

On which page does this occur? Does it happen in all the styles?

Comment

Apache: v1.3.37
      PHP: v5.2.1
      mySQL: 5.0.41
      vBulletin: v3.6.7 PL1

Multiple mods installed, using products (no manual source code changes). The error shows in all styles, and it's visible in two places that I can see, in two mods actually (vBPager and vBShout). However, disabling all mods does nothing to solve the problem, and it's also affecting features of the forum that I've not touched (reputation system, the rep button in postbit no longer does anything at all when clicked, and Quick Reply, when you post it says an error occured while posting, but the post was actually posted if you refresh; and this is just features the members have picked up as broken).

I am really at a loss to explain this, as it literally happened overnight. I'm the only one who does actual modification admin/side to the forum, and I was sleeping when this happened...

Comment

UPDATE: It appears the glitches in the forum are related to all places that use AJAX. The rep button uses AJAX to open a popup I believe? Quick Reply is meant to update the thread with your reply using AJAX... I tested it and I get glitches too when I try to double click a thread icon to close it (it does indeed close/open the thread, but the image turns into a broken image, with the URL of my domain name, no folders or image files included, and you can't double click it again). Also when I have them enabled, certain addons also don't work which use AJAX. The vBShout and vBPager all use it, and the Member Mood system uses it too and has the same warning/error when you try to change your mood. So it appears that anything that remotely uses AJAX, either has the warning printed in their space somewhere, or just doesn't work at all. Is there any way to diagnose or fix this? Would a database backup/restore work since the error seems to be related to temporary cache?

Comment

I suspect this to be due to a modification or a bad configuration of PHP.

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Now check again.

Do you still have the same problem?

Comment

Wow. I read your first sentence and instinctively checked my config.php file to make sure everything was alright in it. I've never done it before, but I changed the database type from 'mysql' to 'mysqli' and that fixed everything! Never had to do that before on the dozens of other server's we've been on, but I'm glad it's solved. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Glad to have been of service. Let me know if you require any further help.

Comment