Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I display the Who's Online box to selected usergroups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I display the Who's Online box to selected usergroups?

The title says it all. There are some people who I'd rather not allow to see the "Who's Online?" box, and one of my colleage's best solution (which really isn't good) and that was to remove the code for the who's online box, so it looks like:
    Notice that little gap. It just looks wrong. Is there any proper way? I've tried the conditionals found in quick tips, to no avail.
    -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
    This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

You can customize the forumhome template, and put the code for the who's online part inside this conditional.

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 5, 7, 19, 16)">You're seeing this because you're a member of a particular usergroup</if>

replace the id numbers with the usergroups you want to show them to.

Comment

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Home Display Options -> Display Logged In Users.

That will determine between guests and users. Any more fine tuning and you would need an additional template conditional.

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 2,5,6,7)">Show Who's Logged IN</if>

Replace the numbers with the groups who should see it.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment