Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install

I have been trying to upload and install vbulletin all evening and this is as far as I have gotten. When I tell it to go to the install http this is the message I get. I tried to edit and replace the config.php file. Any ideas?

Warning: vB_Registry::include() [function.vB-Registry-include]: Unable to access /misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/config.php in /misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2394

Warning: vB_Registry::include(/misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/config.php) [function.vB-Registry-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2394

Warning: vB_Registry::include() [function.vB-Registry-include]: Unable to access /misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/config.php in /misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2394

Warning: vB_Registry::include(/misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/config.php) [function.vB-Registry-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2394

Warning: vB_Registry::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /misc/34/000/136/194/2/user/web/northamericanphotoforum.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2394

Configuration: includes/config.php does not exist. Please fill out the data in config.php.new and

Did you make sure that the config file has the correct information? Did you make sure that config.php is config.php and not config.php.new?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I have the file named right, maybe I just don't have it edited right. I will give it another go. I need a plain and simple explaination on the enteries....

Comment

The error 404 indicates it can't include the files. Which means it is not in the expected place. Confirm you have config.php file (and not ending with .new) in the includes/ directory where you've uploaded ALL the vBulletin files.

http://www.vBulletin.com/docs/html/ has instructions on how to install vBulletin, and if you require help with the config file you can try this unofficial script : http://www.vbulletin-fans.com/config...php?do=install to generate a fresh and working 3.6.7pl1 config.php for a fresh install of vBulletin.

Comment

Please help

I have this problem , my error is HTTP 404 Not Found, I checked the config.php, and input everything correctly, however, I did not put the table prefix. I also created the database for it, and the username, and password. Why can't it find it ?

I had another website url, with a forum then I went to members area and edited the licence, put a new url. May be this is the problem ?
          I downloaded a brand new vb though, it wasn't the upgarde.

I also dowloaded a new php, the one Floris here recomended, id didn't work for me.
          Last edited by julia27; Fri 6 Jul '07, 3:02pm.

Comment

Originally posted by julia27 View Post
            I have this problem , my error is HTTP 404 Not Found, I checked the config.php, and input everything correctly, however, I did not put the table prefix. I also created the database for it, and the username, and password. Why can't it find it ?

I had another website url, with a forum then I went to members area and edited the licence, put a new url. May be this is the problem ?
            I downloaded a brand new vb though, it wasn't the upgarde.

I also dowloaded a new php, the one Floris here recomended, id didn't work for me.
            You're better off starting your own thread than bumping someone else's.

If you keep getting a 404, it means something is missing somewhere. It's better if you start your own thread so it can be better handled.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

404 means: can not find the file.

It might be possible you are uploading it to the wrong directory,
              or your hosting is not properly configured.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X