Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my registered users group, I disabled the upload of avatars and signature images but now user cannot add avatars at all... I want them to be able to use avatars, just not upload to my server - just link off an external source. How can I achieve this?

vBulletin Options > User Picture Options > Avatars Enabled > Yes

That will make sure that it's allowed.

Comment

Yep it is on. Users are saying they see the following image, but no area to input a link to a image:

Comment

Since nobody more experienced seems to be jumping in here... I'll take another stab...

Avatars > Avatar Manager > Avatar Permissions

Comment

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit the Usergroups and allow them to upload avatars.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit the Usergroups and allow them to upload avatars.
            But he said he doesn't want users to be able to upload them. Unless I'm reading the original post wrong.

Comment

Thats not possible, all avatars are locally stored. Regardless of input method (from the computer, or from a external host) avatars are imported and stored locally for display.

Comment

Only other choice is to upload or place in images/avatars/directory
                Admin CP -> Avatars -> Add New Avatars

Comment

Ok I just don't want users to be uploading the avatars to my forum, I want them to be able to use them by linking to a off-site image from say ImageShack or whatever.

Comment

Remove 'Upload From Computer'
                    # find in template: modifyavatar
                    # delete all shown
                    Code:
                    				<if condition="$show['customavatar_url']">$vbphrase[option_2_upload_image_from_computer]<else />$vbphrase[upload_image_from_computer]</if>
                    				<div style="padding:$stylevar[formspacer]px">
                    					<input type="file" class="bginput" name="upload" onchange="check_yes('avatar_yes')" size="50" />

Comment

Note: There is no option to 'link' avatars from other sites.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

? Can you clarify that to me. I know I can use 'http://www.j2s.net/Images/Logos/j2sEditor.jpg' or from imageshack http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2985/avatar3712qz1.jpg as an avatar, but your definition of 'Link' maybe different from what I am thinking. Could you please explain what type of 'Links' you mean.

Comment

No, you can put a link in the avatar area, but vBulletin does a remote file grab, imports it into the database/filesystem, and then uses the image from there.

Comment

So, then links from imageshack will not work or the ones I posted? I know image tags links do not and only in file system from database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X