HTML for admins only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML for admins only

Hi. I searched the forums and went through a couple pages, but all I found were really old posts. Anyway, I just want to make sure that if I turn on html for myself and enable it in a forum, if all other user groups have it turned off, nobody will be able to use it except admins. Is that correct?

Yes, but for signatures only.

Comment

What do you mean signatures only? I was able to embed a youtube video in a private forum just fine. That is what I would like to do, but I do not want my members having access to html.

Comment

Custom BBcode(s) do not have per usergroup permission
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199304

You can see if vBulletin.org has permission base per custom BBcode.

Comment

So basically you are saying if i switch html on, anybody can use any html in that forum, regardless if their html priviledges are turned off by me in the admin cp? Well ok. I appreciate your help. Edit: I just looked at that link you posted, and I have to thank you. I would have never thought of searching for that. I thought you were linking me to an html faq or something.
          Last edited by gape; Tue 26th Jun '07, 8:36pm.

Comment

I running vBulletin version 3.6.7PL1, 3.6.5, 3.0.7{from offline computer} and never seen this option to turn off per usergroup. I heard alot of member(s) asking or requesting to have this as default option.

Are you sure it is not an addon plugin of some sort you have installed, because vBulletin does not have that as an option per usergroup permission, just signature(s) per usergroup and per forum permission. In a since you can make it per usergroup, but you have to make a forum for yourself thou. That is somewhat the safe way, but I would not even do that.

Comment

No the only addons I have are quickregister and the arcade. It in the admin cp > usergroups. click on one and scroll all the way to the bottom (i think), and you can switch off and on html. But since you linked me that very helpful custom vbcode I no longer need to enable html. Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X