Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I set a certain user to always have a post count of 0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I set a certain user to always have a post count of 0?

Hi all,

I use the RSS feature built into vBulletin to pull articles from my website and post them in the news section of the forums. I've set the threads to be posted by a forum username which I created. However, I'd like that forum user to always have 0 posts if possible, otherwise that account will most likely always be at the top of the post count.

Is there a way to disable the post count for a single user? I've noticed in the user admin panel you can reset that users post count or change it, but I'd like it to remain at 0 at all times or be disabled completely. Can it be done?

If you have nobody else posting in the news board you could disable counting posts for that board in its settings.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Jobe1986, that's what I had setup at first. Until it occured to me that other users posting in that forum weren't getting anything added to their postcount...whoops!

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

i'm making it by me so:

edit the memberinfo and the postbit template
          put a condition into:
          if useid!=this from the bot show the postcount else show 0

Comment

Thanks for the tip ragtek, that sounds a bit complicated though. Can you explain that for a newbie?

Comment

Could you not set the user to have 0 posts in the user manager?
              Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

I can, but as far as I'm aware that will only make it 0 for the time being, it'll go up again when new posts are pulled from the RSS feed. I'd have to keep setting it to 0 after each post.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X