Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you widen the "Last Post" column?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you widen the "Last Post" column?

how do you widen the "Last Post" column that displays on the forum index page?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...80&postcount=1
    This will only decrease to lenght of column heading title or what is set in vBulletin Options [Last Thread Title Maximum Displayed Characters]
    # find in template: FORUMHOME
    # moderator column is optional { Depends if turn on or not }
    # change percent values to equal to [100%] total of all columns

Code:
    	<tr align="center">
    	  <td class="thead" width="0%">&nbsp;</td>
    	  <td class="thead" width="0%" align="$stylevar[left]">$vbphrase[forum]</td>
    	  <td class="thead" width="0%">$vbphrase[last_post]</td>
    	  <td class="thead" width="0%">$vbphrase[threads]</td>
    	  <td class="thead" width="0%">$vbphrase[posts]</td>
    	  <if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">
    	  <td class="thead" width="0%">$vbphrase[moderator]</td>
    	  </if>
    	</tr>

Comment

There aren't any adjustments that can be made in the admincp?

Thank you.

Comment

This will over-ride any edits.
        vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options > Last Thread Title Maximum Displayed Characters: [??]

Comment

No, there are no settings for this. For the width of the column you have to change the templates. If you wish to increase only the text (trim after x characters) you can follow Jose's second post (#4) to achieve that.

I am not sure if percentages are the way to go as they are depending on the type of style you use (fixed/fluid) and the width of the browser application on the screen. I prefer to change the forumhome and forumhome level2 nopost templates values for this column from 175 to 220.

Comment

So the method i post #4 won't widen the column? It will only increase the number of characters display in that column--if the column isn't wide enough then the number of characters that you specify won't display, right?

Comment

The most it allows you to display is (85) characters, even if you set it to 2000. It will stop you from entering more than (85) characters.

In post #4 overrides edits and can display a max. (85) characters in 'Last Post' column.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                This will over-ride any edits.
                vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options > Last Thread Title Maximum Displayed Characters: [??]
                I'm using a 'fixed width' layout and this did the trick for me. Thanks for the post.
                vBulletin 3.6.8

Comment

Working...
                X