Permissions For New Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions For New Groups

I had a minor incident on my forum today, well lets replace that with major F*&^ up.

I created a new user group called Soft Ban. The idea is to ban people from posting but still allow them to view posts. I choose to base their permissions off my registered user group and then restrict their posting access in the user group manager.

What I didn't realize is that this new group inherited all registered user settings with the exception of forum permissions. So people in this new group could view all forums, even those restricted to staff only (but they couldn't post).

I assume that this was caused by user error (ie my error), and want to know how I can create a new user group which "truly" inherits its permissions (including forum permissions) from another user group rather than just some of then and the rest have to be manually set.

When you create a new usergroup at the bottom of the page you can set that

Default Forum Permissions
    Create Permissions Based off of Usergroup:
    And you'll get a drop down box similar to the one at the top where you can choose the usergroup
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Thanks Meph. Would help if I read all of the options.

Though, for my mind I would be happier if there was a single permissions area.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X