How do I make one forum viewable and other not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make one forum viewable and other not

I was wondering how to make one forum viewable and other not. For example I would like to have only "most recent threads" on my homepage.

Thanks in advance!

You can control the forum permissions, per usergroup, or do a global don't show from the forum manager. There's an option in the forum manager where you can set it to not show, but that it is still open, as long as you know the url. This way you can have an open forum, but not show it on index.php

Comment

Could you please provide me with the exact path to where I can have only MOST RECENT THREADS viewable on my index page? Also I would need the instruction on how to set POST TOPIC (or NEW THREAD) button on my index page.

Thank you.

Comment

No, the most recent threads on forum page is an addon. This is not a default vbulletin option you can turn on/off

Comment

Well, there is a forum that has that. I can PM you their link.

Comment

And they are using an add-on for that.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Do you know the way to do it? I'll PM you their link.
              Thanks

Comment

No I do not know which add-on they are using, and please do not PM me unless I ask for it.

You need to ask about this at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I didn't want to have somebody else's link in public. I don't think that's fair. That's why I PMd you.

Comment

We do not provide support for add-ons here. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

CLF as I stated before, if you have private information it will always be best to use the support ticket system instead of the froums.

Comment

Well, Zach, I thought somebody could help me here. So I did it. I submitted that support ticket, so we'll see.
                        Thanks.

Comment

I just got their respond and they couldn't help me with this.

Comment

Do I maybe have to have vBadvanced?

Comment

Secrete talking? Why not use 'HowTo Display Latest Active Threads on ANY normal HTML page', but you can not get support for this, as this is just called a custom modification. If you need it to look or have it in a container, then ask over at vBulletin.org or try to learn basic HTML. You might receive some hints, but it is upto you to learn.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X