Server crash - Move to new hard drive - Lots of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server crash - Move to new hard drive - Lots of problems

Well the OS for my HD crashed and made my 5 sites unreachable. Luckily my data didnt get compromised, however, i'm stuck with the tedious task of moving everything to the new hard drive that my host mounted on my server. So far so good with a couple of exceptions. The largest problem i foresee is that I am not sure about the information for my old mysql databases. How do I find the location where the db info was saved after I recreate the db on the new drive and can I just copy the data files from one directory to the new one instead of trying to zip and unzip?

Thanks in advance for the help....

You can check with mysql.org to see how database directories/files are stored and check with your old config.php file what the database name, to trace back which directory was from vbulletin.

Then move them over and restore them according to the database restore doucmention after a server crash- that hopefully mysql.org also offers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X