Getting Rid of Trolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rid of Trolls

I have a problem with a member who was banned for being a troll. I have IP banned them. Banned all of their alias, and the e-mails that they have used. They are a sbcglobal.net user. Can someone please tell me how I can rid them of my site without blocking out other SBC users?

You can report that person to their internet service provider(isp) and supply them with any information that they would need. Another is seeing what www.vBulletin.org has to combat troublesome users.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
      You can report that person to their internet service provider(isp) and supply them with any information that they would need. Another is seeing what www.vBulletin.org has to combat troublesome users.

Thanks I just reported that person to their ISP. but I also have a problem with the DSL people who are banned coming back with different IP's. And I have just about every IP hack vb.org has. But these DSL people seem to be able to get around that.

Comment

Once you inforum their isp they will warn that person(s) or remove service. They know that they have the ablilty reset ip, but only several times a month thou. If they are piggy backing on someone else's wireless, then they will tell their customer to secure the line before browsing. You could just banned them or create another usergroup and place them on moderation and unable to edit post.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X